Friday, December 7, 2007

Post Office Blues



Ok.

So there are so many forum posts about promoting your shop, and the do's and don'ts in having a shop and posting in forums etc. etc. etc. The one thing that people don't really talk about is the post office, or whatever form of shipping you decide on. Nobody talks about the best rates, or the best ways to ship something, or the best way to ship a 15" X 22" print to Germany...

Ok so I have had quite the learning experience over the last few weeks on the Post Office. First I was using FedEx but was paying an arm, a leg, and my first born for shipping. So I decided I'd go to the post office where the employees all seem to just totally hate their life and probably go home and drink until they pass out, or contemplate suicide because that's how they all act whenever I'm in there. Anyway, I'm getting side tracked. So I found out you can order shipping supplies, like boxes through the post office for free, but you have to be careful! Don't order the envelopes! They are all flat rate! That means that whatever you put in it will cost you $4.60.I didn't realize this until today...opps. Yeah way to expensive to send a print.

Anyway, I guess that was the biggest lesson I learned. But, I'll still use my envelopes. I'll just cover them with brown wrap. I didn't even think of that until just now. Either I am a total genius, or not smart enough to think of it just before I went to the post office.

On a side note...Kim Trinkle you should be expecting a small surprise in the mail in a few days :) Not Christmas yet, but a little something. Also, Angie Lindstead-Knutson...you'll be getting a little surprise too :)

Ok. My orders are shipped out and it's time to get back to work.
I was going to post some new pieces, but I realized that the gesso I made for them just isn't good enough. They are cracking and it just looks bad...so I think I am going to re-do them all. I was really sad about it earlier. I put a lot of work into them, but then I thought I could just turn them into prints! Genius!

Ok have a happy Friday everyone!

No comments: