Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Vacation



I'm really looking forward to this vacation that Mike and I plan on taking after graduation.

We started to plan our road/camping trip yesterday. I'm really looking to spending less time on the computer, and not worrying about what I'm going to make next...

I love what I do, and I love being able to work for myself, but I think the constantly feeling like I have to make something, or come up with new ideas, is wearing down on me. Not to mention, I just finished 30 new pieces for the Surface Gallery show in July. I think I need a break...

What I am most looking forward to is going home, and what kind of work is going to be coming from that. The last year and half I've relied on the idea of home, and things that I miss. I'm really curious to see what will come from finally being there, and being in a city where I find so much inspiration on a daily basis. I'm more than excited about this, but you probably already know this.

That's all I've got today.
Hope everyone's week is going well.

ps. My sale is still going on in my Etsy shop!

4 comments:

Art Kitten said...

I am looking forward to your road trip too! I also really really love the little boxes as raindrops picture, it is really beautiful.

Rowena said...

Goodluck on your journey and on going home. And have fun on your vacation.

I know how grueling it can be to always expect yourself to come up with something new.

Enjoy your break and may you come back refreshed.

Megan Chapman said...

Breaks are great.
Painting is great.
Balance is crucial.
We are all still working on that...
I can't wait to read your blog once you are home. I wonder if you will post as much. I can't wait to see your work as well. I wonder if you will miss Michigan once you are in Portland. I am so happy and excited for you. Congratulations on it all.
Have a great vacation!

Linda O'Neill said...

Sometimes, you just need a creative break. Especially after a move...it's a good time to rest your head and relax a bit.

I'm really excited for you, Michele...that you get to move back to a place you love and a place where you feel at home. Kisses to Chloe.