Friday, June 18, 2010

Missing Out?



I feel like I've been really getting back into my groove and working lots the past week or so. It feels really good.

I've been c
atching myself when I have the "Must-make-something- quick-so-I-can-post- it-on Etsy" thoughts. It's been hard, but I've been really good about it.

The little birds I've been working on h
ave been making me happy. Now I feel like it's time to move on. I don't know what's next, but that's what I'll be thinking about all day at work..

I'd re
ally prefer not to be at work today.
The Summit of awesome is taking place today in Portland. Well, it's been taking place the last few days. I really wanted to go. I just didn't have the funds and inventory at my job also happens to be this weekend. So double poop.

I feel like I
am really missing out on this. Part of me wishes I would have just went anyway....
I like my job,
and I'm thankful to have health insurance and a retirement plan, but part of me wishes that I could go back to making art full time. Silly money and health care. Why does it have to play such a big role in our lives? ;)

Well, another grey day here in the City of Roses. It's supposed to rain all weekend too. I like the rain and grey. It helps me get work done, but at the same time, I'd really love to feel the sun on my face today.

Well, hope you
all have a good weekend! If it's sunny where you are, go outside and let the sun shine on your face for me!

2 comments:

Sleepandhersisters said...

We are in the middle of winter here and it is a beautiful sunny winters day... so I am going to get some of that vitamin D for you.

Love the birds... and I am liking the way you are thinking.

Bohème Circus said...

beautiful light colors with a spring mood