Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Downtown!


My friend Taryn, of TalkingSquid, moved here from Detroit a couple of months ago. Not only did she move here, but she moved into the same apartments that I live in! We're neighbors! How cool is that?

Well, we decided to take a little adventure downtown today. We stopped in the cutest shop on SW Washington. It's called Flora and it is definitely in the business of cute and pretty. One of my all time favorite artists, Trish Grantham, was having a show there. I just adore her work so much. I will treasure the piece I own, always!

We also stopped in Tender Loving Empire. I love this store too. They feature tons of local artists and musicians.

Trips like these always makes me realize how lucky I am to live here. The summers are so amazing and the city itself is so inspiring. Not to mention the artists who live, and work here, are also so inspiring and amazing. I'm a happy girl.

4 comments:

nacherluver said...

Oh how I wish I could visit! Been dreaming of a west coast visit for over five years. Every year gives a glimpse of hope and then the reality of finances steps in. Would love to move there but only logical to visit first. Drat!
Thanks for sharing photos and stories. Keeps the dream alive :)

sMacThoughts said...

How nice that your friend is now your neighbor...for she as well as you. It's great to love where you live, isn't it?

Etsy Vintage Community said...

Being a native--both Oregon and Portland--I love where we live, too, Michele! People always tell me they wish they could live here...I tell them be sure you've got a job first b/c our unemployment rate is so scary-high. Oh, and don't buy any property, haha!

I didn't know about the shops you mentioned, so will check them out sometime.

Mary said...

LOVE Flora and their terreriums...Maybe too much.