Thursday, January 13, 2011

kitties



I was finally able to get into my studio for the first time this year.
I st
arted a commission piece for one of my co-workers. It's of her boyfriends cat. Sweet!

I h
ave to say, I've never painted a cat, and so far it's been fun.

In other news, I h
ave a show in July in Arkansas! I've been thinking about ideas and racking my brain for images to use. Every time I think of something, and go to execute it, I feel like it's not good enough. I feel like there has to be some big meaning and some explanation to what I'm choosing to paint...

It's been frustr
ating. Then, last night, I was watching American Masters on Jeff Bridges. What an incredible dude. I'm getting off topic...but anyway, he said something about acting and Hollywood, that really struck a chord for me. He said, "Don't take it too seriously."

I know I'm not
an actor, nor do I live in Hollywood, but for some reason that really resonated with me. I'm over thinking things and making it too difficult...

So, next week, when I'm b
ack in the studio, I'm going to carry that idea with me.


No comments: