Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Vintage Obessed






So, after settling down a bit in our new house, I've been obsessed with decorating.

I typically go to Ikea and Target for my decorating needs, but this time I want to take a different approach. I want to start decorating with things that have a bit of character.

This approach is so different for me. I like to get my house decorating out of the way when I first move in to a space, but finding vintage items is not something you can really speed through. It's a process finding those items that speak to you. Plus, these items typically cost more money, so I'm buying things one at a time, given my current financial situation ;)

I've been looking for items, and inspiration, on Etsy, Craigslist, and at local vintage shops. It's really fun! I could spend hours perusing Etsy's vintage section!

Here are a few of my favorites:

Little Byrd Vintage
Lack Luster Co.
Little Red Mercantile
Modish Vintage

It's going to take quite a long time to acquire all of the perfect items, but I'm hoping to share the experience with everyone along the way! If you have any tips or suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

3 comments:

kristin said...

make a point to hit up every junk/flea market/goodwill/ladies club/garage sale next time you're on the ore. coast. i always find at least one amazing thing when we go there

Michele Maule said...

Good point. We did find a nice Pyrex butter dish at a cool shop in Newport. We'd been looking for one for months. apparently they're a hot commodity in Portland.

Alex with Attic Antics said...

That's totally how I like to decorate! My favorite jaunts include, of course, the Stars antique malls in Sellwood, but even better is the Monticello antique mall in NE! And then there's the Portland Antique Expo – especially the July show is NOT to be missed because that's when all the good stuff is outside in the parking lot (inside booths tend to be a little too stuffy for my tastes ;)