Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Gather


I said goodbye to my paintings today.

They are on their way to Fayetteville, Arkansas. They are going to be in a show at the Fayetteville Underground starting July 7th. I hope they arrive safely. I hope they are well received. I hope they are enjoyed by people and that people are able to connect to them.

I spent the rest of my day puttering. a little of this, a little of that, trying to gather thoughts and figure out the next step. It's an ongoing part of my life, and many others too, I think.

I was able to list a new painting in my shop. It was extremely hard to difficult because it has a layer of varnish on it. It's very, very, shiny. If anyone has any tips or tricks on photographing shiny paintings, please share! :)

Hope eveyone had a wonderful Tuesday.

3 comments:

shana said...

ok seriously michele, your work just keeps getting better and better. i LOVE this one SO MUCH. LOVE.

Michele Maule said...

Thanks again :)

Laurie Linn said...

Love your work Michele - I have the same problem with the shine on my finished pieces. It leaves big white splotches where the light reflects. Very frustrating. I finally started photographing before I applied the shiny sealer coat. That makes it so much better! Keep up the good work!