Friday, July 1, 2011

Happy Weekend!




Yesterday was soooo busy, but I did manage to get a new painting finished and listed! I really like this little red typewriter. It has a very sweet personality.

also, Nate, some friends, and I went down to Last Thursday last night and got to see Portland at it's best. If you don't live in Portland, Last Thursday is basically a huge street party with artists selling their wares, musicians playing in the street, and people dancing.

I ran into an old friend, Garrett Price, at Flight 64, where he was part of a group show. His lovely work is etched onto steel plates. He prints the images onto paper, but also shows, and sells the steel etchings from time to time. Most of the images are based on iconic, industrial, Portland architecture, and bridges. They're truly inspiring, and beautiful, and I hope you check out his website.

Okay, time to get ready for work! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments: