Monday, December 12, 2011

Crafty Wonderland Love


Selling!
Originally uploaded by michele_maule

Wow.

The last two days have been so great. Selling at Crafty Wonderland is one of the most exciting things a small indie artist can do, I believe.

I had so much fun and there was such a great turnout. They speculate that over 16,000 people came! Holy cow. That's a lot of people.

I've spent most of this day trying to recoup. My friend Shana said she had a craft fair hangover and yes, that is what it feels like.

I ate a huge breakfast, drank lots of water, and I even took a nice nap. I'm feeling somewhat back to normal!

It was such a fun weekend, and I felt really honored to be part of such a brilliant community of artists and crafters. Walking around and seeing just how many of these truly talented people live in Portland is incredible. I am proud to call this place my home.

at some point of the show I realized that being there is so much more than just selling. It's seeing people I haven't seen in months, or years. It's about catching up with friends, laughing, and generally just having a really great time. That's what I love most about doing craft fairs. That's what makes me so excited to be there. I also like sharing my work with other people, and being able to show it to others in person.

anyway, a big thanks to everyone who came out to shop and say hello to me. It was a really great weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful experience! It must be pretty exciting to know that your artwork will hang in so many people's homes.