Thursday, July 12, 2012

Before and after

June 3rd
Remember a few weeks ago when I posted a picture about our evolving garden?

Well, I'm here to post a before and after picture for you.

We haven't been putting too much work into our garden the past few weeks, but it seems to have exploded on it's own.



Last week we finally got enough dirt in our troughs to plant something.

Sometime in april? I think?


Grow tomatoes grow!
July 12th. Still room for more plants!
We were at Home Depot and spotted these very sad tomato plants for $1.00. We decided to get them to just see if we could rescue them, and plant them in our troughs. So far they seem to be holding their own. I think with a little love and fertilizer they'll make it. We also got some more lavender because I just love it so much.


I want to plant some kale and some lettuces once the tomatoes are done! I'm so happy to have a house and a place where we can grow flowers and produce. I also love how many bees and butterflies we get in our yard! One of our neighbors has a couple of hives and I like knowing we help contribute a little something to their hives.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The hard part, and we're right there with you, is that you have to wait for things to fill in! The yard is sure looking good though.

Dona said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
tangled sky studio said...

the garden looks like it's coming along nicely. time is the secret ingredient in creating a garden : )
sorry to hear that turkey didn't work out...he's so cute!
you might take a peek at petfinder and see if chloe's mr. right is waiting there....happy friday-
beth

Michele Maule said...

Thanks ladies!! Patience is the key. It's also something I don't have much of...

I forgot about petfinder, Beth! I've been checking local shelters and there are a couple of no kill shelters here too.

It will work out in the end :)

Kim Henkel Creations said...

I love your troughs! I also love growing things... but need to work on getting some beds in... but the weather has been cold, and it went below freezing a few nights ago. So I am dreaming of a greenhouse instead!