Monday, January 7, 2013

20 Days

I'm heading to San Diego at the end of the month to run a half marathon. Why travel so far to run a half marathon? I lived in San Diego years ago, and many of my friends still live there, including my best friend from the 7th grade. She's running the half marathon with me.

At the airport, leaving for Portland, 1997.
I've been training for this for the past three months. It's been tough. The weather, although relatively okay, has been cold and wet the past few weeks. My day job doesn't exactly make it easy either. It can be pretty draining. I rarely sit down while at work, and my long runs fall on my days off, so I haven't had too many rest days through this training schedule.

It's okay though. It's almost over and it's been a good experience for me. It's allowed me to see just what a badass I can be.

I'm looking forward to running my first half marathon race and I'm really looking forward to seeing my old friend. Maybe a full marathon will be in the near future. I'm going to see how this one goes first, however...

No comments: