Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Starting Over.


Ok.
So here I go. I'm not very good at writing. Especially when in comes to myself. However, I thought I would try.
This blog is mostly about my work and things that I am exploring.

There have a lot of life changing events that have happened to me over the last couple of months, and I suppose it would be very helpful if I had a place that I could talk about them.


To begin with, I moved from Portland, Oregon to Pontiac, Michigan. My fiance was excepted into graduate school at Cranbrook Art Academy. The move has been pretty hard. I miss my friends, and all my favorite places. I miss the weather and the city and the landscape. I miss public transportation and riding my bike. I miss some of the best double soy lattes I have ever had in my life (Bipartisan Cafe). I miss feeling safe. I miss feeling like I am home. I miss the people I worked with. I miss working (sometimes).

Sometimes I start to cry when I think of all these things.

I am currently not working. It has been rather hard trying to find a job, a decent job here. I thought with my retail and management experience, and the fact that I have a college degree I really wouldn't have any issues.

Although I don't have a job, I am getting a lot of work done. I am really hoping to have some shows, and to sell some items through Etsy.

I have also been teaching myself how to sew and I have been kind of successful. There will definitely be a lot of people getting hand sewn items for Christmas.
I have also been working on a new series of paintings that deal with my move and some of the other life changing events...like getting engaged.

Michael proposed to me our first night here. We are both very happy.

So that's just little about me.
More later :)

1 comment:

jess said...

I just found your blog. I love your artwork! Good luck with your Etsy shop...