Sunday, November 4, 2007

Puppy!





Yes, the puppy has landed. I picked her up yesterday on the way home from my grandma Mimi's house. I wasn't going to pick her up until next Saturday, so that I could spend some more time with my grandma, but things didn't work out that way.

The week with my grandma was great. I know she probably didn't enjoy my cooking, but I think she really appreciated me being there. I know I really enjoyed the time I got to spend with her. The only problem seems to be that we are both just too quiet around each other...but I think we had a few good conversations. We watched her Netflix movies which I would have never watched on my own, but they were good. I also brought over The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown, and Roman Holiday. She really liked both of them. Oh, I love my grandma.

So back to the puppy. She is funny. She is a pooing peeing machine! Luckily she has only pooed in the house once. Now that I type that however we'll see if my luck will change. We have been trying really hard to take her out a few minutes after she eats and plays, and she seems pretty good about that. She goes, but then we take her inside a a few seconds later she goes. So we are working on that. We got her home yesterday and played with her for a bit then put her in her kennel. She did not like that at all. After awhile she settled down and fell asleep. The rest of the night went pretty good actually. She didn't mind being in her kennel and slept pretty good. She only whined when she had to go potty. I didn't sleep very well though. I'm expecting a few more nights like this.

She plays for awhile then sleeps, then eats, the plays, then sleeps. So that's the first 24 hours so far. Wish me luck for the next several weeks!

3 comments:

Linda O'Neill said...

Oh my god, Michele...what a cutie pie puppy! I used to have a Boston Terrier named Jiggs and he was just the best. Congrats on being a new mom!

kari and kijsa said...

Linda sent us over here from Abby Creek Art- loved your painting and had to see more!! What a cutie puppy!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

Archie and Melissa said...

Hi Michele!

Oh! What a sweet puppy! I love Bostons. What a beautiful face!

i love your art too. It is wonderful!

Melissa
www.pugnotes.com
Uncommon Pug and Dog Art