Thursday, November 1, 2007

Quiet Week


It has been a very quiet week for me.

I am at my 90 year old grandmother's house looking after her while her caretaker is away in Mexico. It's been a little difficult. I am not used to really taking care of anyone but myself. Well, not in a sense that I am responsible for them. So making sure she eats at a certain time and that she takes her insulin at a certain time, and making sure she gets to bed at a decent hour so she doesn't throw her insulin shots out of whack. I just feel weird telling my grandma that it's time for her to go to bed. I don't know if I have mentioned this before but I can't cook either. I can cook some things...but I just don't really know how. So, that is making things a little difficult too. It's not that i don;t really know how to cook, I just don't like to. I guess I have to be in the mood. I can make a great potato leek soup. Which I was going to make for her, but the dinky grocery store they have here doesn't have leeks. Aren't they in season right now? Anyway, I decided to make her a baked zitti with a fresh spinach salad. I hope she likes it.

However, my grandmother is one of my most favorite people in the world and I do like being able to spend time with her. I love her and that's just what family is for. It's much better than her being alone the entire time. Besides, she took great care of me when I was born and when I would come visit her in the summers.

I return home on Saturday with our new family member. Yes, that's right. I pick up our puppy on my way home Saturday afternoon. I am excited and nervous at the same time. What if she doesn't like me, or Michael? What if she is a holy terror and I can't control her? I guess we will wait and see.

I sold not one, not two, but three items on Etsy this week! I am on a role! I now have to make some new things. It's time to start coming up with some new ideas.

My really good friend Kim suggested that she ask her mom if she could make my wedding dress. Her mom said yes, so now I am on the search for a pattern...
I am not sure if I am just not finding the right sites, or if it's really hard to find wedding dress patterns online, but I haven't been able to find anything. I can find lots of vintage and 80's style gowns, but nothing really up to date. The things that I find that are contemporary are really not my thing. I am going to try the fabric store next, but if anyone has any good suggestions please let me know. I just want something very classic, and simple.

So I guess that's about it for now. Im picking up the puppy on Saturday so check back for photos! I'll have a bunch.

No comments: