Thursday, December 13, 2007
Happy Thoughts Happy Thoughts
Ok, so I have been trying to stay positive for the last week or so. It's so hard. So hard. I haven't been very successful...
I sometimes wonder if I am one of those people who is never happy. I don't want to be one of those people. I really don't. In fact, that is my biggest fear. So I have been thinking of a list of things that make me happy. Yesterday I had that song from the Sound of Music in my head all day. "these are a few of my favorite things..."
So here I go. I tried to think if things that don't cost money, because after all it can't make you happy right? However, I decided that getting coffee, and doing the NY Times Monday crossword were an exception. Going out for coffee and doing the Monday crossword is one of my favorite things ever. And it's my list, so it's my rules!
1. Going out for coffee with Michael on Monday mornings and doing the Monday NY Times crossword.
2. Free samples of Dr. Haushka and Clinique products.
3. Window shopping at Christmas.
4. Chloe sleeping soundly on my lap.
5. Long conversations with Kim on a weekend afternoon.
6. Finding out your really good friends are pregnant!!
7. 5 Inches of snow and nowhere to go.
8. Clean fresh sheets.
9. A nice long hot shower after a 2 mile run.
10. A two mile run on the Cranbrook campus.
11. Going out for coffee and doing Etsy work.
12. Convos about my work.
13. Being able to stay home and take care of Chloe, and make art.
Those are just a few. They're in no particular order either.
Feel free to add your happy things under the comments. I'd like to hear what you have to offer :)
Have a great Thursday!