Sunday, December 9, 2007

Merry Christmas!




Ok those of you who know me really well also know that I love Christmas.
I love the lights, the songs, the PRESENTS.

Well, I think I am done with all my shopping with the exception of a few things here and there...

I went to the mall this morning and it was so fun. I love to shop, especially for Michael, who I was shopping for today. I know I know you're probably thinking hey, "Michele, I thought you took the handmade pledge....dude, what's wrong with you?" Well, shopping handmade is a lot different for Michael. Trust me. The man is a complicated person to shop for. You see, he is one of those people where everything he owns has to be useful. It has to have like 30 different functions, and it should last about 50 years or more. So, you see I couldn't just get him a hat, or a scarf...he'd probably lose them anyway. (He's lost his wallet, that was handmade by Chikabird on Etsy twice in the last week...)

Anyway, the majority of my gifts this year were handmade and a majority of those gifts were made by me :)

So I'm at the mall. I have a gift card for Victoria's Secret that I have been saving for such an occasion. I'm by myself and I have some time. Trust me, you don't want to be with me when I have a gift card. I try to get as much use out of gift cards that I possibly can, even if that means spending two hours trying to figure out how I can get a pair of PJ's, some slippers, 5 pairs of underwear, and a bra out of $75.00. (I almost did it.)

As I am standing there in the big ass VS amid all the hot pink, blaring music, and highly obnoxious sales women I realize that I really hate shopping at VS. It's so hot. There is so much to look at. The music is so loud. I feel for those poor men trying to buy lingere for their wives, or girlfriends. Those poor guys really have no idea what hit them when they walked in and neither do I.
I almost have a panic attack whenever I go in there and at least I know what size underwear I wear...

Anyway, I did manage to find a nice comfy pair or lounge pants that didn't say PINK, or Angel all over them. I also managed to find a nice tank top that didn't have glitter, or stars all over them with the words I Love Pink all over it. It's nice and plain white, but there is a silver start in on the bottom corner. That's ok though. A little compromise never hurt anyone.

So I have about $15.00 left on my card. I really wanted to get some new underwear with the rest, but do you know how hard it is to find regular cotton underwear in your size in that god forsaken store?! All I'm asking for is some black, gray, white, or pink underwear in an underwear store. I don't like low rise hipster bikini thongs....

Ok, so that's my rant. I wish I never had to step foot in that store again, but I still have some monies on my card...and it must be used. If you're asking yourself why I didn't try shopping online, my answer is this; they charge you $15.00 to ship.

So ok, after my shopping adventure, I came home and did a lot of work.
I'll post the pictures even though I couldn't get a goog picture of any of them. There isn't any light that comes into this apartment when it's gray outside. But, I'll post the best of them.

If you've made it this far into my post, thanks.

No comments: