Friday, January 4, 2008

Wow!







I haven't posted a blog since December 17th!
I am so behind...

Well I went out of town for a couple of weeks. I went to visit my mom and step dad in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. It was so nice getting out of Pontiac, Michigan for awhile. Michael and I were actually able to walk to coffee, and little shops. There is this great little coffee shop there called The Ragged Edge. Everyone that works there is very nice. The weather was pretty nice, not too cold. There was a great place on one of the battlefields that I could have a nice quite morning run.

Michael and I went to Washington, DC the Thursday after Christmas and we had so much fun. The weather was warm, I think the high that day was in the mid 50's. We went to the National Gallery where there was a Turner exhibit, a Hopper exhibit, and a Rauschenburg exhibit! The museum was a little crowded, but we had fun. We also went to the Natural History Museum and got to see the Hope Diamond and a bunch of old bones :) And it was free!! All the museums in Washington are free! I was amazed, and I still can't believe it...

We also went to see Lincoln's Memorial, and we walked around the Mall. I wanted to drive past the White House and give it dirty looks..but Michael said no. We ended up getting a little lost trying to find the freeway home. I don't understand the city planners in the Midwest and on the east Coast. How hard is it to put up some street signs and some freeway signs? And why are there like 10 different freeways, including one that goes entirely AROUND the city? Why?

Alright...anyway. Vacation was good. I start school on Monday and I feel pretty nervous about it. I thought I was done with tests, and papers, and projects....let's just hope there aren't critiques...let's pray there aren't any critiques...

But I am excited about moving on with my life and studying something that could lead to a great career. I am also excited about meeting some new people. Maybe I might even make some friends. Maybe. It's so hard for me to make friends. I have this fear of talking to people. I am so worried about saying the wrong thing, or just saying something totally stupid. I know I should be over it by now. I am 27 years old, but I think it's one of those things that will always be an issue for me.

1 comment:

Angie said...

you totally shouldve given the white house dirty looks for me too! your trip sounds like it was fun!