Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Valentines Day



Ok. I love Valentines day.

Well, I did until this year. I dunno. It seems like all the holidays since we moved here are just kinda blah. Not exciting. Christmas and New Years was fun, but that's because we were at my mom's house...

Michael and I always got to McMenimens and have a burger and a couple of beers. The Ruby is by far the best beer on the menu. Mmmm...Ruby....

Anyway, this year will be different. Michael is going to be working until late, and I will probably continue watching the L Word on Netflix. Oh well.

He did get me this really awesome book for Valentine's day. It's called Fingerprint, and it's a graphic design book. It's all about putting a hand made quality to the graphic arts. There is a lot of printmaking, letterpress, and book arts involved. Ultimately, as a graphic designer, that is the direction I want to go. I highly recommend this book to anyone who is also inspired by these things. It's pretty damn cool.

No comments: