Saturday, April 5, 2008

Happy Birthday!




It's Michael's birthday!

We were going to go get burgers and beer, and I was going to make some tasty treats...but our truck decided to start making a weird noise last week, so we decided to take it in. It's still in the shop, and seeing as Detroit, and it's surrounding areas, has no public transportation...we will be sitting at home this weekend.

I did suggest that we ride our bikes down to the gas station, pick up some 40 oz. and happily drink them in the weird park/trailer park down the road. He didn't seem to be too interested in that though.

Anyway. I found some really interesting links this morning.

This one is about Detroit.
I want to go here.
Detroit Public Schools Book Depository
(scroll down the page a little)

I also found a fellow Detroit crafter/artist
The Phantom Limb
She has really cool stuff.

Also, if you haven't discovered Megan Chapman's blog, you should.
She writes a weekly blog, every Friday, and this weeks was one of the best. Ever.
I am still thinking about what she wrote, and taking it in.
Thank you Megan!


ps. the pictures were taken by Mike. The house, is a house in our neighborhood. During Christmas there was a Christmas tree in every window.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Megan Chapman said...

Wow- Michele!

Thanks so much for your positive and insightful comments over on my blog, but then to mention it here too.. Thank you!

We are painters and art makers- and yes, that is pretty damn cool!

Have a great weekend, paintings in the mail soon ( I love the second one I did for you)

Best Wishes- Megan

katielicht said...

riding bikes to the gas station to get 40s sounds like a great birthday to me! :)

thanks for the links, love megan chapman's blog.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! We are celebrating one in my household today.

Diana said...

Don't underestimate the value of a weekend spent at home! Forced solitude can actually beget all kinds of amazing adventure. Or even just sound solid down time, which ain't too bad.

Happy birthday!!! I hope you get a buzz some way or how, nonetheless.

xox
Diana

Tia Colleen said...

I did suggest that we ride our bikes down to the gas station, pick up some 40 oz. and happily drink them in the weird park/trailer park down the road. He didn't seem to be too interested in that though.
------------
ok well I'M interested in that though!

Janice La Verne said...

my theory is that birthdays last two weeks on either side... so plenty of time to celebrate.

i can't believe there is no public transportation, pretty flabbergasting (now that is an old word)

and... have you seen the movie "Fur" about Diane Arbus, but a fantasy about Diane Arbus? I stayed up way too late watching it last night. Can't decide exactly what I thought of it...

oh well, off to feed dogs and get my day going... have a good one