Saturday, May 10, 2008

My Body Hurts



I pushed myself to hard yesterday.

I ran a few miles, then decided it would be a good idea to run stairs.

On top of that I danced my ass off at Lounge, and drank too much. It never fails either. No matter how late I stay out, no matter how much I drink, no matter how tired I am...I wake up everyday at 7:30 am.

My body is tired and achy and I have so much work to do.

I've been asked to be part of a group show in Brooklyn. It's going to be at this little space, the Fact and Fancy little shop. Cute! I am trying to get three paintings, maybe four, done by the time I leave on Wednesday. They need them by May 20th, and seeing as I am going to be in Brooklyn during that time, I thought I would just drop them off while I am there. I almost said that I couldn't do it, but then I thought about it, and was like....how many opportunities does a person get to be part of a group show in Brooklyn?

So I said yes.

I am tired and cranky and I seriously want to eat a pint of ice cream.

ps. The Cranbrook graduation was really cool. Very informal, very entertaining, and there was even a wedding ceremony at the end. It made me contemplate graduate school...but that's another blog :)

2 comments:

Katie L. said...

go for the ice cream! you need it, lol :)

Unknown said...

ooioh I am going to be in that exhibition also! I'm not sure if you are still in New York then, but you could be my eyes and ears and I'm way over in melbourne!