Thursday, July 17, 2008

Hot, Gross, Blah




It's hot and gross here.
Whoever decided that Michigan was an ideal place to settle was out of their mind. Seriously.
It's really cold in the winter and so muggy and gross in the summer you wish it was negative 20 degrees just so that you could breathe....

blah.
It doesn't helpt that Mikey isn't feeling good today either. Poop on a stick times 10.

What a pooptacular day. It's been one of those days where I can't escape my brain and I have been living in my head all afternoon and morning.

Just thinking about all the people I use to know and hang out with over the last 10 or so years...how I haven't spoken to a lot of them in a really long time and it kinda makes me sad and lonely...oh well.

Anyway, I am glad to still know and talk to the people I have kept in touch with :)

So I made these really sweet little illustrations last night while listening the the crazy thunderstorm outside. That is one thing Michigan has going for it weather wise. Awesome thunder and lightening storms almost every night. Anyway, I made these from some screen prints. I made the prints and then drew and painted on them with pencil and gouache.
I really like them. I made a couple more that I will post tomorrow on my Etsy.

I think I am almost done with the paintings for my shows...and I'll be posting those pictures soon too.

4 comments:

Linda O'Neill said...

I kinda like the work, "pooptacular"!

It's been hot here too...almost 100 yesterday. Really fun when you're in the middle of packing up to move. Not!

sMacThoughts said...

Very nice. I just hearted them in your shop.

julie said...

i love them--
by the way, did you know you are in the gift guides??
http://www.etsy.com/gift-guides/luxury-over-100/37?&page=2

i just saw you there!

Michele Maule said...

I did not know I was in the Gift Guide!
Thanks for letting me know julie!!
:)