Tuesday, July 22, 2008

New Ideas!





So I have been working on a lot of new ideas the last few days. I am really happy with some of the stuff that is coming out of my head...

I'll share them with you!!

Um...so Michigan is awesome.
The bugs here are actually pretty amazing.
I found this one yesterday. Well, actually Chloe did. At first I thought she was playing with an ant. She really likes to play with the ants and then eat them. I try to stop her from eating ants, but it doesn't seem to hurt her and it keeps her entertained...anyway I thought she was playing with one. But she kept at it for like 20 minutes so I went over to her to see if it was in fact an ant and not some nasty spider...I moved my yoga ball aside and low and behold was this ginormous beetle. (just a side not here my spell checker notices ginormous as an actual word! Cool!) Ok, anyway, I literally cried out Oh My God really loud when I saw this thing. i was not expecting this huge beetle!

So I had to figure out a way to get it out of the house. I am not much of a bug person. I don't mind if they are outside. I understand that's where they live and I am ok with that...but it's when they are in my space that I freak out. So I grabbed a piece of paper and kinda scooted it out. Ewww it was so gross. It actually made a thud noise when I dropped it a couple times. The whole time I kept saying OMG and ew ew ew ew....haha. I am such a wuss.

Anyway, that's all I got today :)

PS The little camera illustration is from a photo that my friend, Kristen, took.
She has this really great collection of old cameras and she takes these really beautiful photos of them. You can see her Flickr page here
This drawing is soon to be a painting too! :) Thanks Kristen!

6 comments:

Janice La Verne said...

Thanks for the silkscreen info, I am having so much fun...

LOVE the red camera. It makes me miss film, loading it and developing it and printing it. (I used to be a photographer)

It's just such a great illustration.

great work, Janice

Linda O'Neill said...

Your new work is fantastic, Michele. I love the one with the little white flower pods hanging down...such a sweet feeling to that painting.

Maisie would love that bug you found. She loves to eat things like that. Yuck! Her favorite thing though is chasing flies. I should video her some time...what a crack-up.

Michele Maule said...

Thanks for the input ladies!
As always, greatly appreciated :)

sMacThoughts said...

ugh-orama! Now I feel like shaking my hands out really hard. Bugs are not my thing...especially ones with hardware.

Unknown said...

That beetle looks like one we get in Australia around Christmas time, aptly called a Christmas Beetle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_beetle

kristen said...

Wow Michele! The camera looks awesome!!!