Monday, September 22, 2008

Le Sigh






It's all over.
My DIY Craft Fair weekend went well.
It was a little exhausting...but it went well.

My friend, and neighbor, Kelly came to help me out on Saturday. And Michael and Chloe came out yesterday. Chloe got to meet all kinds of new puppies. It was her birthday on Friday! So she's one now. Yay Chloe!

I met some really awesome people, and got to meet some people that I have been talking to via Etsy. I got to meet Siouxsane and Stephanie of Phantom Limb :) Also! I got to meet Emily of City Bird as well as Shannon, the awesome lady who runs. Comfortably Lovely. I also met Janet Hanmick who asked me to participate in the Detroit Artist Market (DAM) in November so I am really excited about that. It's a gallery space in Detroit, and I am realyl excited about it.

I felt like I was part of a small group of artists again...and it felt like home...
I also got a lot of great feedback from people :)

Anyway, it was a long weekend. I am pretty tired, and don't feel much like doing anything today.

I am laready getting really excited about the DAM and the Detroit Urban Craft Fair. But, I don't know. I think I am just going to take it easy today. Michael starts his new part time teaching job today. He's going to be teaching 6-9 year olds art in the afternoon, and then in the evening he's going to be teaching a figure drawing class to older students :) He's really nervous about teaching the kids. I think he's going to fine.

Anyway. I think that's it.
I got some laundry to get out of the dryer...hope everyone has a good Monday.

9 comments:

jessicajane said...

glad to hear it went well :) Get some rest now!

Julie said...

Ah - Craft Fairs are *always* exhausting. Fun, but exhausting!

Glad it went well!

Janice La Verne said...

oh, everything looks so beautiful! I love the typewriters hanging up.

glad it went well. you deserve success.

WISH I could have come!

Janice

Sleepandhersisters said...

It looks all so lovely the way you have set it up. I am glad it went well and exciting news about DAM (good name) coming up.

Hope you have a restful day and tell Michael good luck with the kids, they will probably love him... my partner teaches 7 year olds and they think he is super cool.

Stela said...

your set up looks great!

Kari said...

Glad it went well for you, your set up looked good.

tangled sky studio said...

hi michele,
your booth looks great and i know you must be exhausted...putting yourself and your work on display is hard mentally and physically. i hope you did well and am super impressed by your inventory and organization!

beth

tangled sky studio said...

hi michele,
your booth looks great and i know you must be exhausted...putting yourself and your work on display is hard mentally and physically. i hope you did well and am super impressed by your inventory and organization!

beth

Megan Chapman said...

I agree your set up does look great.
I am happy you felt part of an art community again..

but my favorite part of this post is the closing..

"I got some laundry to get out of the dryer..."

:)