Thursday, April 9, 2009

4 Weeks...5 Weeks...6 Weeks....



Wow.
Michael graduates is 4 weeks.
His painting for the thesis show is done, and his thesis is in the works.

I don't think it's really hit me yet.
I don't think that it's really going to hit me until we're pulling out of the drive way and heading home. It feels like we've lived here for a very long time, even though it's only been about a year a a half.

It's hard to imagine that we're going to be leaving in 5 weeks and that we'll be home in 6 weeks. 6 weeks. It's hard for me to grasp right now. Just the thought of driving down 77th and seeing my house gives me goosebumps. I'm. So. Excited.

It's a really nice day here today. The sun is out, ans it's nice and warm. Well, warm being 50 degrees. It's nice.

6 comments:

Diana said...

Very, very, very exciting.

Congratulations to you and Michael. I know you've both gone through so much hard work and sacrifice towards your goals. It's about to pay off!

Welcome home pretty soon. The weather has been absolutely gorgeous. And here near Laurelhurst, the flowers are in full bloom and everyone is out walking their dogs or jogging their babies.

When you're back and settled, let me know if you want to meet up for a puppy playdate.

Di

P.S. congrats on selling one of your favorite paintings! It was gorgeous and I'm sure they'll treasure it.

Michele Maule said...

Thank you Diana!! :D
I will for sure let you know!

Janice La Verne said...

Your excitement is contagious!

I'm so happy for you. What an amazing thing you have done this last year and a half. It surely has inspired me!

wow...
janice

Megan Chapman said...

This is so exciting.
I wonder how being back home will change your art...
Being away from home was a big focus for awhile there.

Congratulations to Michael
and to you- big deals all around.

You are so amazing and I am so happy for you!

Michele Maule said...

Thank you Megan!! :D

Angie said...

I CANT WAIT! i am going to hug you guys forever when i see you!