Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Models and Mayhem








I forgot to share my pictures from the opening night of Portland Fashion Week!

It was a really strange evening. I didn't really feel like I fit in, and I think that is an understatement. I did have a great time with Nate, and Lisa Golightly who was featured right next to me. You might know Lisa from her Etsy shop Kiki and Polly.

Overall is was fun. I really liked the clothes on the models with the pretty brown lab. I'm not sure it was really the clothes I liked or the dog! He spent the whole night laying on the stage! :D

I met lots of people, talked about my work, and handed out lots of business cards.

I also met a few young women who were interested in studying art in college and I got to talk to them about that. :) Cute!

I think the highlight of Nate's evening was photo-bombing photos of the mayor :)

On another note, I start full time next week. I am looking forward to having some extra money coming in, but I am really sad to be putting painting, and such, on hold for awhile. I'll still be able to get into the studio, but not as much as I can now.

But who knows? Maybe it will give me some time to step away from painting for a little while and recharge my thoughts!

3 comments:

Linda O'Neill said...

Great photos, Michele...especially the one of the dog.;) What a cutie pie!

Leovi said...

It has a very interesting blog, I like.

Leovi said...

It has a very interesting blog, I like.