Thursday, October 20, 2011

In Between Things

 Sunday my friends, Nate, and I had a chance to head to Sauvie's Island. We picked out pumpkins, drank some hot cider and ate caramel apples. It was fun. Very fun. Sauvie's Island is about a 20 minute drive from Portland. It's a small island that has nothing but farms on it. In the summer there is lots of berry picking and in the fall it's all pumpkins, hay rides, and corn mazes :)

 In other news, Chloe had surgery to remove her tumor on Tuesday. I came down with a cold the same day, so it's been a sleepy, sick, weekend for us.

She's doing well. I most likely will hear about what stage the tumor is later today. Fingers are crossed that it's only a stage one, in which all of the cancer cells have been removed.

Between taking care of her and myself I haven't gotten much of anything done art wise these past few days. I did manage to get some painting done and I came really close to getting some sketches done!

Next week will have to be much more productive. The images for the show at Tilde are due!



Hope everyone is having a good week so far!

2 comments:

Zyzanna said...

Oh my god, the pumpkin field looks like heaven!

I hope Chloe will be fine!

Sleepandhersisters said...

What an amazing place... a farm Island, sounds like you had a great time. I am thinking of Chloe and hope she will be all better soon, and you too.