Thursday, April 12, 2012

Keep on keeping on

It's been awhile. 
I've been very busy. 


Project in the works.
Making art, gardening, reading, and working. So much working. It's been hard to keep up with everything these days.

 There's just so much to talk about that I don't know where to begin. So, I will begin with today.

Today has been so so. Cleaning, running, post office, and working on a new watercolor. I'm finding that this new style that I've been working on isn't so well received in the Etsy world, but I like it, so I'm going to keep doing it. 

Work in progress
Etsy is a whole new ball game that I haven't figured out. Sales are few and far between. I don't know if it's because I've been spending less time on the internet, or if it's the the site itself. Does anyone shop there anymore? I know that in order to get traffic you have to constantly be promoting yourself. You have to constantly update your shop. You have to be active on Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, and blogging. I have not been doing any of these things. 

Lovely clouds this afternoon
I'm kind of over these things right now. I'm kind of over constantly tweeting about my items. I feel like I'm yelling at people to come look at my goods for sale. "Hey! You! Over there! Look at this thing I made!" 

That's what I feel like I've been yelling for three years. Every day. 

I want to stop. I don't like yelling at people to look at my things. I supposed they have the option to click on the link, but I still feel like it's not doing anyone any good.

Chloe! I need to figure out what to do with the rest of this yard...
So, what am I to do? I don't know. Maybe I just need a break. a very long break. Maybe I'll feel like yelling at people some more about my work later. Maybe I won't. Maybe I'll give up self promoting, stay quiet, make art, and see what happens...





Nasturium coming back from last year!
Until I figure it out, I'm going to keep gardening, riding my bike, and making art that I like. I do need to write more and I do need to list more things in my online shop. So those will be my goals.

    

4 comments:

Carmen said...

Hi Michele,
I alway look forward to hearing about what you are up to because I think you are very talented and have a lot to offer. I know that it can be tiring and sometimes it seems as though no one cares. But don't give up. Do the art that moves you. Do what makes your heart sing.
Take care,
Carmen

Michele Maule said...

Thanks Carmen! That's what I am going to do!

Zyzanna said...

Hello!

Etsy takes a lot of time, but to be honest january and feb were really bad months general saleswise I think. you don't have to yell about everything all the time on the internet :)

Fireproofing Baton Rouge said...

Appreciatte this blog post