Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Things and things.




I sold the last Steel Bridge painting that I will ever paint again. Well, I won't say never, but certainly the last Steel Bridge painting that I will do in that style.

I sold it to a lovely young lady who is buying it for her boyfriend for his birthday. She has never really bought art before, and she really liked the idea of supporting a local artist. That always makes me happy.

I can't say that I wasn't excited to be one of her first art purchases, and I was happy to be saying good-bye to the piece. It's time for new ideas and new paintings!

I've been working on these little watercolor pieces. I'm not really sure where I'm going with them when I sit down to work. I kind of just pick up the brush and let the paint and water do the work.

I think sometimes the results are pretty great, other times, not so much. It's certainly a lesson in editing.

I have two more big pieces that I'd really like to finish for the series of mixed media paintings that I started a few weeks ago. I tried to get some work done on them today, but I just couldn't seem to get into them.

I'm hoping to at least get some ideas for new pieces this weekend. However, I hear it's supposed to be sunny and 75 this weekend. SUNNY and 75 PEEPS! I don't think I'll be getting any work done this weekend. Not after weeks cool, rainy, weather. I want to be out there soaking up the sun and wearing a short sleeve shirt outside. Maybe shorts too?! Ohhhhhh I am excited.

No comments: