Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Happy Tuesday!

Tumor free since 2011
People who have been reading my blog for awhile maybe familiar with how much I dislike Tuesdays. I'm not sure what it is about Tuesdays that make me so unhappy, but they've never been good to me.

So, I went out into the world knowing full well that Tuesday and I are not friends. I met up with my friend Shana (who makes these very pretty items)  for breakfast and before I could even sit down at the table Tuesday threw a wrench in my plan. My door handle suddenly decided it didn't want to work. Yeah. I couldn't shut the door, couldn't lock the door. I must have looked like I was out of my mind closing the door, opening it, trying to close it again, trying to lock it again. Over and over. I knew it was Tuesday's fault. I just knew it.

Shana tried to get it to close with no luck. Finally, after messing with the door handle, I clicked something into place and it decided to work. Success! No problems with it since. So, if you're ever having car door issues remember back to this blog post and jiggle the door handle. Like a toilet!

Breakfast was great, the rest of my errands were great, but I was headed for potential Tuesday disaster. Nate and I noticed a couple of weeks ago a small bump growing by Chloe's nose. I've been putting off the vet for awhile, but this morning I woke up and knew I could no longer put this off. I also knew it was Tuesday. Not a good sign. But, I called and made an appointment anyway.

Sitting at the vet I was sure that they all thought I was crazy. I've been to the vet for more bumps than I can count. But you know what? I didn't really care. My dog has had two cancerous tumors and I'm the only person who can help her find them and get rid of them. She's my little friend and one of the few living things in the world that loves me without judgement or conditions. I take full responsibility for her.

The good news is that the bump is not a tumor. It's not anything. The vet doesn't know what it is. It's just a weird bump on her face. She also told me that although mast cell tumors can be potentially scary, they generally are not life threatening in Boston Terriers. That made me feel so much better. 100 times better.

That was the best part of my day, however I was also happy to see that I am a mere 2 sales away from my 1,800 sale in my Etsy shop! Woot! Yup! Wow. It's so crazy. I'm going to give my 1,800 sale lots of free goodies with their order, for sure.

Well, that was a good Tuesday. I plan on spending the rest of the day painting, singing really loud, and making myself a delicious cocktail.

Hope everyone else had a great Tuesday. and Tuesday, if you're reading this, thanks for being so good to me today. Maybe there is potential for the both of us to become friends after all.

4 comments:

shana said...

you'll show tuesday who's the boss!

thanks for a lovely breakfast!

sMacThoughts said...

Happy your sweet doggie is fine, and wow, congrats on all that Etsy success!!

michaelendo said...

So happy that Chloe is OK. I was looking at baby pictures of her the other day.

That happened to me a few times with the red truck. I had to stick my finger in the area where it latches (on the side) and push a little hook shaped thing up. Then you can close the door.

Michele Maule said...

Thanks friends :)

Thanks for the handle trick, Michael. I'm glad Chloe is going to be ok too.