Monday, April 16, 2012

Here's to a Lovely Garden


Doesn't look like much now, but it's going to explode this summer!
Originally uploaded by michele_maule

I'm sitting here, listening to the rain, drinking my coffee and wondering why I'm not sore.

Yesterday was a beautiful day and we made a trip to Portland Nursery. I bought an Euphorbia plant, some native Oregon bushes (they attract humming birds!), thyme, and oregano. Nate really wanted some more strawberries, so we got some of those too.

I dug up all the grass along the fence. That is some hard work right there. My back was aching and my hands were all swollen by the time I was done, but it was a good 'wow look what I got done' feeling.

It doesn't look like much right now, but I'm really hoping that it will fill up and out as soon as we get some nice warm weather.

I thought the Dahlia's I planted last year were totally dead, but I noticed some little red leaves starting to poke out of the ground! I love, love, love Dahlias.

There is still so much more work that needs to be done, but I'm so happy with what I was able to get done yesterday.

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.

No comments: