Friday, August 3, 2012

an owl!


Just had to draw this dude today.
Originally uploaded by michele_maule

I was finally able to sit down and work on this little owl yesterday.

I had so many other things to get done, but I dropped everything I was doing, turned on some music and put paint to paper. He's not quite done yet, but I like the beginning so far.

It was very much needed time for myself and time to make art. The windows were open and there was the loveliest summer breeze blowing through the house. It was such a nice hour and half :)

I'm still debating on which image to use for my upcoming dog portraits, and I am also putting the finishing touches on the American Gothic painting. I'm having a hard time painting hazel eyes, for some strange reason...

In other news, we're planning on going to see Susie Ghahremani's show at Land tonight! I've been a fan of her work since I joined Etsy 5 and a half years ago. I'm going to try to put my shyness in check so I can say hello to her. We'll see how that goes...

No comments: