Thursday, January 31, 2013

13.1. Done!

I've been in sunny San Diego the past few days.

Before the race. We look happy and ready to go.
Oh it was so nice. We ate food and hung out with my friend Kim. Oh, and both Kim and I ran a half marathon! Woot! It was great. It was a lot of fun and we didn't hurt ourselves. I had a pretty serious migraine afterwards, but it didn't last too long...

I finished in 2 hours and 5 min. I think that's pretty good! I didn't start to get too tired until about mile 11. I did push myself a little too hard at the end. I really wanted to get under 2 hours and I really wanted to beat these twin 12 year old boys. I did neither. In fact, according to Nate, a blind woman beat me to the finish. That blind woman is awesome.

After the race. Kim looks good. I look like I need an aspirin and a hot shower.
I know this might sound a little crazy, especially since it hurt to walk the following two days, but I already signed up for another one. It's the Portland Marathon. Today was the last day to sign up, so I went ahead and did it! I really wanted to sign up for the full marathon, but I feel like I need just a few half marathons under my belt first.

I'm excited! I'm excited to train in nicer weather! This winter has been hard and I'm looking forward to a training program that doesn't always include rain. And will almost guarantee I'm not running in snow or ice.
The pretty view from the apartment we rented.



It's nice to be back home, but I already miss my friend and the sunshine... Maybe we can retire in Southern California. If it doesn't fall into the ocean first.

No comments: