Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Cat

It's mid January and I'm already craving sunshine. This is not a good thing.

I'm glad we're heading to San Diego for a few days. I just really hope it doesn't rain there.
I don't usually mind the cold and the grey. Well, not until May, typically...

I feel like the sun gives me energy and omph! Which I feel like I am really lacking these days. I laid in bed for 45 minutes trying to get myself up for a run this morning. I felt a bit stale creatively in my studio this afternoon too.

However, I did see a picture of a cat and decided that I needed to paint it. So that's what I did. And I like it. I like this style I've been working in. All of those little lines are brushstrokes. I find it so meditating to paint all of those little lines. I listen to music, think and paint little lines in different colors. I enjoy it very much.

I also finished my custom portrait of Dolly. The client is very happy with the end results and so am I.

My photos aren't great and it's because I'm not working with any natural light here. It's been pretty dark all day, and now it's even darker with evening coming in.

I hope you can get a good idea on how they look :)



No comments: