Tuesday, February 12, 2013

San Diego Zoo

Porcupine!
I thought I would share some of the photos I took while we were at the San Diego Zoo.

It was so cool seeing the animals so close, especially after being so focused on animal illustrations as of late.

Sweet gorilla feet.
I'm not a big fan of zoos, but the San Diego Zoo is really something else. I feel like the animals are so well taken care of there. Their habitats are so close to real deal, without the freedom, of course. But I feel like you get a sense that these animals are loved.

gorilla!
The Portland Zoo is a little sad compared to the San Diego Zoo. I haven't been there in years, but the last time I visited I left feeling a bit depressed. Maybe it's changed. I hope it has.
Orangutang with a rice bag on his head :)

Anyway, here are some of the pictures I got. I really wanted to share the pictures I got of the sloth eating his lunch, and of the Fennec Fox that came out and just sat on his little rock... But they just didn't turn out very well...
Sleepy red panda. I would like to do this all day...





Snack time for pandas.


Yak? I think? I don't remember...



No comments: