Friday, August 2, 2013

My, What a Busy Week

Good news! I finished my Crafty Wonderland show on time with very little setbacks...
Stacks of cards going out to Powell's, New Seasons and Collector Gallery in Berkeley.
I did realize at the last minute that not only do I have a small wall to fill, but there is also a little space for other items like prints, cards and whatnot's. So, at the last minute, I was trying to get as much of these items together. I totally ran out of plastic sleeve for cards. I don't normally use plastic sleeves for my cards, it saves on costs and the environment, but I thought it would be a good idea for display purposes.

Anyway, it all got done, and then I moved onto filling card/consignment orders that I've been lacking on. I really love how much work I've gotten lately. I feel grateful and it's pretty awesome to be doing so well. Especially since last year was so dismal.

I wonder if it's like this for most Etsy sellers/tiny business owners? Some years are just better than others? I know this year has been much better because of my wholesale card business. I've been toying with the idea of just focusing on cards, but I really love making art so much. I just don't think I could just make cards...

I don't know. I suppose it's just something to think about. Especially if I really want to leave my day job.

No comments: