Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Tuesday Things

Neko Case's album "The Worse Things Get, the Harder I Fight, the More I Fight, the More I Love You," came out today. If you're looking for some new music to listen to, this is one to consider. It's good. It's really good.

I heard this interview on NPR this morning and it struck a nerve for me. She talks about how her relationship with her parents played a part in writing this album. She also talks about depression and how it influenced her writing. Both things that I identified with and felt a connection to.

You can read the interview here:

http://www.npr.org/2013/09/03/217189246/neko-case-i-couldnt-really-listen-to-music

In other news, I'm still working on my little book. I'm taking time and considering what goes in it. I typically rush ideas to get them down on paper/panel as fast as I can. Often I'm not 100% happy with the work I make. I want this to be different. I want to reflect. I want to pay attention. I want to be more present with what I'm working on.






So far I am happy with the results. I have a few more pages to work on, and then a cover, which I still haven't quite figured out. I know it will materialize. I'm just going to wait until it does.

Happy Tuesday, folks.



1 comment:

Run Lori Run said...

Come back! I have enjoyed your blog and hope you'll give us an update soon. I live in Portland too and have enjoyed seeing your work progress over time. You're such a talent and a great representative of our awesome city!