Thursday, February 7, 2013

Downton

bates.
I'm kind of obsessed with the PBS show Downton Abbey. I love it. We watched the first season on Netflix and I think we finished it in two days. We watched the second season on television, and we're currently watching the third season. Nate thinks it should have ended with the second season and I hope it never ends.

Downton is filled with scandal, gossip, murder and it all takes place in a huge fancy house. I love it!

dowager countess
I think one of my favorite things about this show is knowing how much my grandmother would have loved to watch it. We would have definitely watched it together. I could totally see us both getting excited for Sunday evening to roll around.

When I was little I would spend a few weeks out of the summer with my grandparents. I remember us getting excited to watch The Lawrence Welk Show and Are You Being Served (even though I didn't get 95% of the jokes). I was a little old lady at 12 years old.

matthew
I came across this wonderful Etsy shop and artist, toad briar by Kim Parkhurst, the other day. I can't get over how much Kim's animal portraits compare to the real deal. They are so well executed and I feel like they convey the personality of the characters so well.





mrs. patmore
If you get a chance to watch Downton, I highly recommend it. It's not for everyone, but I like it a lot. Plus, there's no commercials and it's not a reality television show.

No comments: