Monday, March 11, 2013

It's Monday.

I actually don't really mind Mondays. Work is slow, we don't receive very much freight and things just seem more relaxed.

I also have three days of art making to look forward to.

Little Squirrel
Last week I received an e-mail from local shop Tilde asking if I'd like to be the featured artist for April. One of their scheduled artists couldn't make it and so I was asked and of course I said yes!

So, I have a couple of weeks to put together a show from all of the animal pieces that I've been working on. I'm really excited to show the originals. I've been loving this series and I want to share them with everyone.

I do want to create a few more pieces the show. There's always that chance of added pieces looking awkward with the rest of the series, but I'm going to try to avoid that as much as I can. Maybe I'll set all the pieces around me while I work. And maybe if I'm aware of the weirdness that sometimes happens, I can avoid it.
Narwhal Etching

I've been working on some new etching prints, and I'm experimenting with collage and maybe beeswax. I don't really know where I'm going with it, but I love the juxtaposition of the etching with the collage. I'm going to keep working with it and see what kind of results I can achieve.

fox. Etching with collage and paint.
I'd love to make a book with the etchings and maybe include some sewing. I have a lot of ideas about this and I wish there were more hours in the day.


Well, Monday calls and I have work to get ready for. Happy Monday, friends.

No comments: