Wednesday, March 13, 2013

The warmest day of the year, so far, was today! 63 degrees and wonderful!

I went for a 6 mile run, worked on some new pieces and played with Chloe in the back yard. It was fantastic.

Our garden is starting to really take off too. The Euphorbia is getting ready to bloom and the Forsythia has already started. I plated some kale and some lettuce, and I planted some lupine seeds and some poppy seeds on Sunday. I'm afraid I might be too late/too early with the flowers, but I thought I'd give it a shot. Fingers are crossed.

I was lucky enough to get quite a few art related things started this morning. I don't really know where the fox is going but I like it so far. I love making all of those tiny marks, and there is something about this little fox that I can't let go of.

The butterfly and moth are new too. I've had these little collages hanging out in my studio for weeks not knowing what to do with them. I've always felt a connection with things that can fly, butterflies and moths included. The fact that they are free to flutter about, but at the same time have to be so careful with the outside world.
Sweets. Mixed Media Collage and Illustration.

 I'm currently reading Flight behavior by Barbara Kingsolver which is story about butterflies and climate change.

Also, have you ever seen a moth's face up close. They're scary, cute and amazing. You should Google it right now. Oh wait, I did it for you.






The butterfly piece is done and already listed in my Etsy shop! Look at me being productive. 



No comments: