Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Working in my studio this morning.

I bought a sketch book at the beginning of the week. It's the first sketch book I've owned in years and I have to say, it feels really good to have one again. I often feel compelled to share everything on social media. Having a sketch book let's me say what I want to say, without worrying if I've crossed a line. I worry too much about things like that, I know.

I also feel like maybe I share too much about myself, and I don't know if that's always a good thing.

I can also sketch things out, get ideas out, work through problems and write whatever I feel like writing. It's freeing. Very freeing.

I think I stopped having a sketchbook because I never used it, but I've found myself craving a place to jot things down the past few weeks. So, I thought I should really invest in another.

Don't Hold Back

So that's what I've been up to today. I've also been working on a new etching plate. I'm hoping to get it ready to print tomorrow. I finished my wolf print last week, and I'm pretty happy with it.

I've also completed a new fox illustration. Those darn little foxes. They make me so happy to draw. The colors and the shapes in this one are inspired by Spring and warm weather. I'm so ready for some more sunshine and looking forward to wearing shorts and tank tops.


Red Fox

Happy times.

1 comment:

Madilyn Peiper said...

Sketch books are great! I'm happy to see you're using one again! I myself always have a handful or two I'm working on! :D