Sunday, April 27, 2008

8:30 on a Sunday Night





So...it's Sunday.

My four days of solitude are up!
I had a good time. I handled it very well. It's funny...Michael went to China for 1o days 2 years ago, and I thought I was going to fall apart. My poor room mates didn't know what to do with me...
I think having to work at a crummy job didn't make my situation any better either.

It's nice to see how much I have grown. I think I called him...maybe once? Twice? I don't know.
Yay! I am all grown up :)

So it was really nice spending time alone. I got some work done. Not as much as I would have liked, but you know...that's the way creativity works sometimes.

I'd like to say a big thanks to Megan Chapman! I listened to her play list on her myspace the last two days. It's awesome. I really needed some new music, and I really enjoyed it. I also got a very good mixed cd from a fellow Etisan and I have been listening to that quite a bit :)

I was going to write a blog about music, and how important it is to me and my work, but I didn't really feel like writing a small novel tonight, so maybe some other blog. I will say that music is really important to me. I don't have a television, or even a radio, and I have to have some kind of noise in the house while I am working. So music is played all day. All day...so most of the music I have is memorized to the point where all I have to hear is the first few notes and I can tell you what artist and what song. If they still had Name That Tune on TV I would be a champ!

So that was my weekend. It was good.

3 comments:

Linda Blondheim said...

I like your drawings very much.
Linda Blondheim
www.lindablondheimartnotes.blogspot.com

Megan Chapman said...

Aww.. That is so sweet. I am so glad my play list was there for you!

I love music, and I understand its importance in my life. I revere it.
It is my constant companion, especially during the creative process.

Anyway, I am so glad you enjoyed it. I am also glad your mister is home as well. I know how that goes too, I could really relate to your time alone. Sounds like you handled it well.

Rock on sister!

Jenni Horne said...

Enjoy the peace while you can! (This is coming from Wonder Mom) I too remember the dreaded critques....why....why....? And you realize that you pay these professors for these hours of misery as well?